All organisations wishing to participate as an exhibitor at AOC EW Europe 2021 must comply with the policy below.
A. COMPLIANCE AND ELIGIBILITY TO EXHIBIT
Exhibitors should be aware that the promotion, procurement or brokering of any item on display at EW Europe may require the granting of an export control and/or import license or other permissions from relevant government authorities. The promotion of items classed as Category A under the UK Export Control Order 2008 is prohibited at all Clarion Defence & Security Events.
This restriction applies to all forms of promotion, including the distribution of brochures or other promotional material from your stand which features images or details of any Category A goods, even if your company does not intend to market these goods at the event.
Category A goods include:
- Goods banned by the EU because of evidence of their use in torture.
- Restraints specially designed for restraining human beings.
- Riot control or self-protection devices designed or modified to administer an electric shock.
- Certain cluster munitions, including components.
If you are caught promoting Category A goods without a relevant export control and/or import license, you will be ejected from the event. UK companies or UK nationals involved in such activity may also face enforcement action from the relevant UK authorities.
For more information on the latest UK legislation, follow the links below:
B. DANGEROUS EXHIBITS, PROHIBITED WEAPONS, FIREARMS & HAZARDOUS EQUIPMENT
Exhibitors shall not exhibit live firearms on their stand or use live firearms in any demonstration. Dummy or de-activated weapons may be exhibited but will require the correct import/export license from the relevant authorities.All exhibitors are to complete the compulsory “Declaration of Firearms including Dummy or Deactivated Weapons” form stating if they intend to display such items. Those who will be exhibiting such items must also ensure they have the correct license/authority in place and send copies to the Organisers.
C. EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION & ACCREDITATION
All personnel attending AOC EW Europe, including exhibitors’ stand personnel, representatives, guests, contractors/subcontractors (stand build and services) and security personnel who will be working on stands and hospitality areas, must be pre-registered to attend AOC EW Europe. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to check the bona fides of all personnel that they register to attend AOC EW Europe.
1. Compliance checks will take place before and throughout AOC EW Europe to ensure that equipment, services, documentation and all other forms of visual promotion and display exhibited comply with the above-mentioned undertakings.
2. Exhibitors promoting or exhibiting prohibited items, either overtly or covertly during the exhibition will be in breach of their contract with the Organisers and will forfeit their right to exhibit at AOC EW Europe. The Organisers will take appropriate action which may involve the removal of equipment, documentation and/or visual promotional material from the stand into safe custody. The stand may be closed immediately and the exhibitor will have no claim for redress against the Organisers, nor any refund for loss of fees.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to make the final decision concerning the eligibility of exhibits and matters of compliance.